The Grinch is on his way to The Countess!
Here at Jane Lewis, we’re always looking for new ways to make a difference and offer support within our local community, especially around Christmas time. So, this year we’ve partnered with The Countess of Chester Hospital, thanks to North West Nursing Branch Manager, Hayleigh Brown, who came up with the brilliant idea to decorate the children’s ward.
Working alongside our Marketing Department, the Nurses on the children’s ward have chosen the theme of The Grinch for this year’s decorations, transforming the ward into a world of Dr Seuss! Afterall, no one loves Christmas more than the Who’s of Whoville!
With planning now well underway, we are working tirelessly to ensure that the ward looks anything but ordinary! Sourcing everything from giant candy canes and lollipops, tinsel, lights, festive pom poms and even a life size Grinch – we really are pulling out all the stops to make this a whobilation celebration!
But the Christmas spirit doesn’t stop there…We’re also collecting Christmas gifts for each of the children on the ward, and appealing for toy themed Christmas tree decorations, no matter how big or small the gift or decoration, we’d love your donations!
“No child wants to spend Christmas in Hospital, but by donating to our Christmas campaigns, you’ll be helping to create the best possible experience for the children and their families over the festive season.” – Jon Beadman, Operations Director.
Donations can be dropped off at the Jane Lewis Chester office between 10am – 4pm, Monday to Friday, up to 13th December 2019. If you would like to donate, please call ahead on 01244 404080.
For an idea of what to donate, please take a look at our Gifting Guide.
What can you donate?
- Toy themed Christmas tree decorations
- New toys and gifts for children aged 0-16 years
- For babies, sensory and musical toys, picture books, building bricks and development toys
- For children, sticker books, colouring books and pens, craft activities, games and construction kits (Lego, Meccano, Mega Bloks)
- For teenagers, high street gift cards (of lower values i.e. £5, £10 or £20), toiletries and accessories for boys and girls, playing cards, headphones and Bluetooth speakers
- We can only accept new toys and gifts
- If you would like to wrap your gift, please attach a label as this will enable us to match your gift to the appropriate patient.
- If you donate chocolate or sweets, please make sure the ingredients are listed on the packet as some children may suffer with allergies or intolerances.