Nurse Advisor – RGN / RNLD
- Salary £30k – £35k depending on experience
- Office Based Role
- 40 Hours Per Week
- Monday – Friday 9am til 5pm
- Complex / Acquired Brain Injury / Epilepsy / Physical & Learning Disabilities
- Please call Toni Whitmarsh on 01244 40 40 80 for further information
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Nurse Advisor to join a highly renowned Health Care Provider who offer person-centred and specialised supported living for young adults with complex needs, physical and learning disabilities. Their services enable young people with extra care needs to live independently in Residential & Supported Living services..
This is an office-based role, to provide expert Clinical Nurse advise via phone and email to health care teams throughout the region. The Core Hours are Monday – Friday 9am til 5pm. There is an on-call rota, although it’s not often you will be called.
The role will involve:
- Coordination of professionals, staff and family to ensure each service user is managed as effectively as possible in all aspects of their health
- Support the manager of each service (including prospective services) with the day-to-day management of service users with severe epilepsy.
Writing protocols and guidelines for managing service users’ epilepsy and other medical needs.
- Training staff to understand service user’s medical needs.
Contribute to assessing the epilepsy needs of current and potential service users’ and supporting the manager to ensure that the service can meet those needs.
- Regularly reviewing service users’ epilepsy and other medical needs.
- Oversee and analyse how staff monitor and record service users’ epilepsy, including the use of alarm systems
- Liaise with primary care teams, neurologists, hospitals and A&E.
- Provide advice and support to service users and families, staff, care managers and other professionals.
- Be part of a team providing an on-call service for medical emergencies.
- Monitoring therapy programmes to ensure that they are carried out effectively and reviewed regularly.
- Developing and managing new medical projects.
Training professionals, family members and service users in epilepsy.
- Maintaining links with other specialist nurses and other health professionals
If you are an experienced Nurse, looking to continue your Nurse career but in a more strategic role with sociable hours – please apply now!
APPLY ONLINE for immediate consideration.