About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader /Senior Team Leader to work within our Care at Home team. Our Team Leaders are responsible for ensuring that the care and support provided is tailored to meet the individual needs of service users and is delivered in line with individual care plans. You will be a role model and key point of contact for Support Workers and Carers in the team. You will closely supervise them, carry our spot checks and offer mentoring and support on an on-going basis. The Team Leader must also ensure that the quality of care & support offered is of the highest standards and that service users are able to give open and honest feedback about the service they receive.
The successful candidate will be passionate about care and committed to best practice and be able to complete role related documentation accurately and to a high standard. Flexibility within the role is essential as shift times may alter dependent on the needs of our clients. Previous experience of working in a care environment is essential and applicants will be required to travel to different office locations and so must hold a current driving licence with access to a car. You will be able to claim for mileage for travel between client locations.
You will be required to work a 40 hour week and the hours will be split between 7am – 5pm over seven days a week. You will be given a rota in advance for the week ahead, although this could be subject to last minute changes depending on client needs.
You will also be on a standby rota including evenings and weekends to be shared with other Team Leaders. This will be discussed in further detail at interview.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to respond in emergencies where packages of care are in danger of breaking down
- Contribute to the development of the service
- Attend appropriate training
- Be conversant with the Care Standards Act and Legislation governing the service
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Carry out on-call duties, overnight and weekends on a rota basis providing telephone support and assistance to support workers and clients.
- Dealing sensitively with any complaints
- Carry out supervisions, observations and spot checks on support staff
- Ensure that care and support is delivered to the highest standard
- Organise and deliver team meetings for support staff
- Updating service user records and risk assessments
Jane Lewis Healthcare is a leading family business in the North West specialising in Healthcare recruitment and the provision of complex care.
The cornerstone of our business is perfectly matching the skills, experience and aspirations of our candidates to the specific requirements of our clients.
If you think that you’ve got what it takes to join this successful, professional, friendly and forward-thinking business and make a real difference, then we’d love to hear from you. In return we can offer a competitive salary and benefits, including mileage allowance.